Get Published in Medical Encounter
- Be sure to review the column descriptions and topic ideas.
- Please try to stay under 2,000 words.
- Submissions should be emailed as an attachment in a Word document format.
- Photo, charts and graphs are welcome and should be submitted as high-resolution files in a .jpg or .pdf format.
- Include title page with author names, address and email for the corresponding author, word count and recommended column placement for article.
- Number references in parentheses on the line of text. Number references consecutively as cited in the text.
- List all authors when there are six or fewer; with seven or more, list the first three and "et al."
- We recommend following the format set forth in "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals."
- Authors must doublecheck the completeness and accuracy of all references.
- Authors may be asked to make revisions for length or clarity. All submissions will be edited for grammar, format, style and consistency.
- Book: Fleiss JL. Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1981: 165-8.
- Article/Journal: Braddock CH, Fihn SD, Levinson W, Jonsen AR, Pearlman RA. How doctors and patients discuss routine clinical decisions - informed decision making in the outpatient setting.J Gen Intern Med 1997; 12: 339-45.
Submit Your Work